Jaime Gnau is a clinical instructor for Missouri State University’s dietetics program in the Department of Biomedical Sciences. Gnau believes in using evidence-based nutrition research to promote accessible nutrition strategies to improve health and well-being for all. In addition to serving the southwest Missouri community as a registered dietitian nutritionist at MSU Care Clinic on campus, she also serves as the 2018-2020 southwest regional director for the Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
She holds a BS in Dietetics and a MS in Health Promotion and Wellness Management from Missouri State. She's also a certified health education specialist.
- MS, Health Promotion and Wellness Management, 2020, Missouri State University
- Dietetic Internship, 2018, Missouri State University
- BS, Dietetics, 2017, Missouri State University
- DTN 240 Introduction to Nutrition
- DTN 306 Computer Applications in Nutrition and Dietetics
- DTN 742 Population Health Practicum
- DTN 743 Food Service Management Practicum
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, MSU Care Clinic
Research and professional interests
- Food insecurity intervention strategies
- Intuitive Eating/Health at Every Size
- Interprofessional strategies to increase student learning and engagement in the clinical setting
- Health promotion program development and implementation
- Gnau J, Novik M, Powell S, & Novotny D. Lessons learned about online engagement and implementation of an intuitive eating programme for university employees. Nutrition and Health. April 4, 2022. Available online.
Awards and honors
- President-elect, Southwest Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, June 2018-June 2019
- Southwest Regional Director, Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, June 2019-June 2021
Area of expertiseNutrition and dietetics Health and wellness
Get the Facts about GMOs and GE Foods Part One
RD Jaime Gnau gives an accurate and more in-depth insight about GMOs and GE foods.
Get the Facts about GMOs and GE Foods Part Two
RD Jaime Gnau addresses some myths and misunderstanding about GMOs and GE foods.
The healthiest bread — 4 choices that are more nutritious than whole wheat
RD Jaime Gnau shares about healthy bread choices.
12 healthy ways to gain weight safely and build muscle fast, according to dietitians
RD Jaime Gnau offers some insights.
The Ultimate Guide to the Health Benefits of Tea
RD Jaime Gnau highlights some benefits.