Dr. Daniela Novotny
- DHSc, area of emphasis in Fundamentals of Education, A.T. Still University
- MS, Health Promotion and Wellness Management, Missouri State University
- Dietetic Internship, Barnes Jewish College of Nursing & Allied Health
- BS, Dietetics, Missouri State University
- DTN 240 - Introduction to Nutrition
- DTN 300 - Service Learning in Biomedical Sciences
- DTN 334 - Introduction to Nutrition Assessment and Sports Nutrition
- DTN 335 - Nutritional Assessment
- DTN 532 - Human Nutrition and Metabolism
Research and professional interests
- Complementary and integrative medicine/health
- Dietetics education
- Worksite wellness
- Lifestyle intervention programs
- The Effects of a Lifestyle Intervention Program (CHIP) for Lowering Chronic Disease Risk Factors
- Finding Peace with Food: An Intuitive Eating Approach for University Employees
- The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) for Lowering Risk of Type 2 Diabetes in a Worksite Setting
- Disordered Eating Attitudes and Behaviors of Dietetics Students
- Intuitive Eating and Body Appreciation Among Dietetics Students
- Novotny D, Matthews E, & Powell S. Disordered eating attitudes and behaviors of dietetics students. Topics in Clinical Nutrition. 2021; 36(4):299-310.
- Novotny D, Novik M. Attitudes and education of dietetics students about complementary and alternative medicine therapies. Topics in Clinical Nutrition. 2015;30(3):209-221.
- Heiss C, Gara N, Novotny D, Heberle H, Morgan L, Stufflebeam J, & Fairfield M. Effect of a 1-liter fluid load on body composition measured by air displacement plethysmography and bioelectrical impedance. Journal of Exercise Physiology Online. 2009;12(2).
- Urich S, Novotny D. CHIP-ing for better health: A lifestyle intervention for university employees. Poster presented at Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Virtual Meeting, April 2020.
- Novotny D. Complementary Health Approaches and the Dietetics Professional for A.T. Still University, December 2019.
- Novotny D. Wait, What’s for Dinner? An Overview of Meat Analogues for MSU Employee Wellness Department, August 2019.
- Novotny D. Trends in Food Technology and Sustainability for MSU Employee Wellness Department, July 2019.
- Novotny D, Matthews E, White-Berner A. Disordered eating attitudes and behaviors of dietetics students. Poster presented at Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting, April 2019.
- Novotny D. The Skinny on the Keto Diet for MSU Employee Wellness Department, September 2018.
- Novotny D. Attitudes toward complementary and alternative medicine in dietetics students. Poster presented at Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting, April 9-10, 2015.
- Novotny D, Bowen S. Back to the Basics: An employee wellness survey at Missouri State University. Poster presented at Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting, April 9-10, 2015.
- Novotny D. Bowen, S. Back to the Basics: An employee wellness survey at Missouri State University. Poster presented at Art & Science of Health Promotion Conference, April 1-3, 2015.
- “Decoding Dietary Supplements” for MSU Employee Wellness Department; June 22, 2015.
- “Back to the Basics: Results from the employee wellness survey at MSU” at MSU Employee Wellness Committee meeting; May 28, 2014.
Awards and honors
- Nominated for 2020 Master Online Course Recognition Award, Missouri State University
- 2019 Curtis P. Lawrence Award for Excellence in Advising, Missouri State University
- 2019 Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award recipient, NACADA: The Global Community for Academic Advising
- Nominated for 2016 Outstanding Dietetic Educator Award, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Nominated for 2016 Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year Award, Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Area of expertiseNutrition and dietetics Health and wellness
10 Ways to Manage Thanksgiving Better When You Have Diabetes
U.S. News Health
RD Daniela Novotny shares a few things that individuals with diabetes should do to enjoy Thanksgiving meals safely.
20 Cheap but Healthy Foods to Buy When You're Broke
U.S. News Money
RD Daniela Novotny offers a few suggestions of what foods to buy when you're on a tight budget.
Osteoarthritis Diet: Foods to Eat and Avoid
U.S. News & World Report
RD Daniela Novotny explains that inflammation in the body can lead to osteoarthritis and the types of food that increase and counter inflammation.
One Nutrition Professional to Another
RD Daniela Novotny offers insights about her career as a dietitian.
Nutritionists Share Their Favorite Spring Foods
RD Daniela Novotny shares one of her favorite spring foods.
10 Healthy Reasons to Eat More Flaxseeds
RD Daniela Novotny shares the benefits of flaxseeds.
Why Meal Timing Is Important for Better Diabetes Control
U.S. News & World Report
RD Daniela Novotny explains how timing of meals can affect diabetes and weight management.