Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- MS, Health Promotion and Wellness Management, Missouri State University
- Dietetic Internship, Barnes Jewish College of Nursing & Allied Health
- BS, Dietetics, Missouri State University
- BMS 240 - Introduction to Nutrition
- BMS 334 - Introduction to Nutrition Assessment and Sports Nutrition
- BMS 335 - Nutritional Assessment
Research and professional interests
- Complementary and integrative medicine/health
- Dietetics education
- Worksite wellness
- Lifestyle intervention programs
- The Effects of a Lifestyle Intervention Program (CHIP) for Lowering Chronic Disease Risk Factors and Improving Psychosocial Health
- Novotny D, Novik M. Attitudes and education of dietetics students about complementary and alternative medicine therapies. Topics in Clinical Nutrition. 2015;30(3):209-221.
- Heiss C, Gara N, Novotny D, Heberle H, Morgan L, Stufflebeam J, & Fairfield M. Effect of a 1-liter fluid load on body composition measured by air displacement plethysmography and bioelectrical impedance. Journal of Exercise Physiology Online. 2009;12(2).
- Novotny D. Attitudes toward complementary and alternative medicine in dietetics students. Poster presented at Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting, April 9-10, 2015.
- Novotny D, Bowen S. Back to the Basics: An employee wellness survey at Missouri State University. Poster presented at Missouri Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Annual Meeting, April 9-10, 2015.
- Novotny D. Bowen, S. Back to the Basics: An employee wellness survey at Missouri State University. Poster presented at Art & Science of Health Promotion Conference, April 1-3, 2015.
- “Decoding Dietary Supplements” for MSU Employee Wellness Department; June 22, 2015.
- “Back to the Basics: Results from the employee wellness survey at MSU” at MSU Employee Wellness Committee meeting; May 28, 2014.