Spring 2018 Wind, Brass, Percussion Concert Ensemble Auditions
Auditions are held for all students who wish to perform in a concert ensemble during the spring semester (Wind Ensemble, Wind Symphony, and Concert Band). Below is the necessary information regarding audition times and audition material. If you have questions please email Dr. Zastoupil: email@example.com
Sign up sheets for audition times will be on the band office window on Tuesday, November 21. When signing up for an audition please include your full name, phone number, and an email address where you can be reached. We look forward to hearing you play!
- Woodwinds and Brass: choose two contrasting etudes (one technical and one lyrical), each no more than one minute in length.
- Percussion: choose two solo works (concert literature or etudes). The two works must be for two different instrument types (for example snare and timpani, or snare and a mallet instrument, or a mallet instrument and timpani - NOT two mallet instruments.)
- ALL: Total time should be no more than 3 minutes. Please provide 2 copies of the etudes for the audition panel.
Tuesday, November 28
- 2:00-3:30pm (Wind Symphony members only)
Thursday, November 30
Monday, December 4
Tuesday, December 5
- 5:00-6:00pm (percussion only)
Spring Semester Class Meeting Times
Wind Ensemble - MWF 2:30-4:00pm
Wind Symphony - MWF 4:15-5:45pm
Concert Band - TTh 2:00-3:50pm