Plus + / Delta Δ
This feedback form was given to participants of this workshop and was filled out at the end of each workshop day. Participants' feedback allowed us to make positive changes throughout the workshop week. Responses listed here were selected by 5 or more participants as points they considered to be most important.
The instructions for the form given to faculty is as follows:
Purpose: This quality tool provides a simple method for individuals or teams to engage in reflection as an approach to continuous improvement. The +/Δ evaluation can help inform the changes needed to achieve higher levels of performance.
- Identify the things that are working, first.
- Pluses are the items that the individual or team wants to maintain and build upon.
Deltas (opportunities for improvement)
- Identify the opportunities for improvement. These are things that can be changed so that the individual or team may be more effective.
- Deltas should be action oriented and begin with a verb.
- Deltas should be specific.
- Deltas should be within the realm of possibility.
- Deltas should be reviewed and acted upon.