All class schedules are locked against changes following the student's SOAR Session. Students should have access to make changes on their own as of August 13, 2018. Most schedule changes that do not fall into one of the reasons for making a change as soon as possible (listed below) can be completed on or after August 13th, or during the Change of Schedule period during the first week of classes (August 20-24) when students may consult with their assigned academic advisor in person.
Requests submitted after 5:00 pm on Friday, August 17, 2018 will not be processed as all students may make changes through their student account. Students needing assistance should see their academic advisor during the first five class days (August 20-24).
There are certain reasons for which a schedule should be changed as soon as possible. The majority of these reasons involve transcript-related issues including, but not necessarily limited to:
- prerequisites being met with the arrival of transcripts or placement scores (PLEASE NOTE: newly arrived credit or placement scores MUST be visible through the Mymissouristate system on the student's transcript before submitting the request form. Changes cannot be processed until the prerequisites are in the system. The transcript can be viewed through the "Unofficial Transcript" link on the Student Tab within Mymissouristate.)
- a class required departmental or instructor permission that has now been granted.
- a student decides to change to a different major, causing one or more classes on the current schedule to no longer be required.
- correcting an unintended repeat of a class for which credit has already been received or is expected to arrive.
- substantive recommendations from the student's Academic Advisor (the advisor should also email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify the recommendation).
- changes made by a university department or organization that creates a need for a schedule change (practice times, meeting times, etc.).
Changes requested for convenience-related reasons are best addressed during the Change of Schedule period (first five days of classes) in consultation with your assigned Academic Advisor. You can find your assigned advisor's name on your Student Profile link, found on the Student Tab in Mymissouristate.
Submitting the email form on the next page initiates the request process for a schedule change, but does not guarantee that the change can be processed. Should something prevent the processing of the request, the student will be contacted via the student’s Missouri State email account. Class schedules may be viewed through the Registration Tab on the Mymissouristate system to monitor changes.
Please be aware of the following:
- Requests MUST be initiated by the student.
- All questions on the form are required - incomplete answers will result in requests that cannot be processed.
- Any additional information that can be supplied in the Comments section will aid in the processing of the request.
- It is the student's responsibility to verify that any classes requested for addition to a schedule have seats available. Seats MUST be available for consideration of the request.
- It is the student's responsibility to verify that requested changes do not create time conflicts in the schedule.
- It is the student's responsibility to verify that transcripts and/or placement scores have been updated on their Missouri State transcript before requesting a schedule change.
- Requests will be reviewed in the order they are received, and those that can be processed will be completed as efficiently as possible.
- SOAR Sessions have registration scheduled in a time frame between approximately 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays through August 2nd. Please submit requests before 9:00 a.m. or after 3:00 p.m. on those days so you can accurately verify class openings and availability.
- Requests submitted on Fridays throughout the summer might not be processed until the following Monday. Please submit requests Monday-Thursday if possible.
- Requests to withdraw from ALL classes must be directed to the Office of the Registrar (417-836-5520) or Registrar@missouristate.edu.
It is usually unnecessary to rebuild an entire schedule in order to change just one or even a few classes. Students may use the "Search for Classes" link on the Registration Tab in My Missouri State to review individual class availability. Instructions for using the "Search for Classes" link are included in the Building Trial Schedules - Instructions & Screenshots PDF document, listed as "Method #2" toward the end of the document. This document also includes instructions for "Trial Schedule Builder" - the system used during the SOAR session.