For Kansas City Students
Just the right size
Springfield is Missouri’s third-largest city, with about 350,000 people living in the metropolitan area. You’ll find the big-city amenities you’re used to combined with the welcoming atmosphere and charm of the Ozarks.
Find your new favorite spot to eat, shop or relax
- Choose from 500 restaurants
- Shop at 1,500 retail outlets
- Catch a flick at one of four complexes, including an IMAX theatre
- Cheer on the Springfield Cardinals baseball team
- Enjoy a Broadway show or nationally-known entertainer at the performing arts center on campus
Enjoy a road trip
Springfield is a great starting point for a weekend road trip:
- Only three hours from St. Louis
- Less than three hours from Kansas City
- Two hours from the Lake of the Ozarks
- Three hours from Columbia
- About 45 minutes from Branson, one of the nation’s top vacation destinations
Springfield’s location in the Ozarks gives you access to all the boating, canoeing, kayaking, camping, hiking and mountain-biking you could ask for.
Hunt down the perfect part-time job
Springfield’s economy is the fastest-growing in Missouri. Businesses are expanding and new businesses are coming into town regularly. If you want to work part-time while you’re in school, you’ll have no problem getting a job.
Many top corporations from the Kansas City area such as Cerner Corporation and Sprint recruit and employ Missouri State graduates.
Learn more about MSU
Get started at Missouri State by following the links below to learn more about the admissions process, our majors, visiting campus, financial aid and more:
Did you know?
- You’ll meet students from the rest of Missouri, the U.S. and 80 countries.
- Springfield enjoys its own take on great BBQ and other cuisine served in over 500 restaurants.