Diabetes and heart disease such as high cholesterol and high blood pressure are the leading causes of death in the US. Imagine enjoying not just good health but OPTIMAL health and well-being. The CHIP program is based on solid research and a “whole health” approach. It is the best approach for preventing and reversing disease as it responds fully to the causes of disease and the demands of modern living, and helps one re-discover who they are as healthy, happier person. The CHIP program is largely a nutrition program that teaches you how to eat healthy by choosing foods that provide optimal nutrition, learning how to cook these foods, how to shop for these foods and how they impact your body, mind and spirit in a positive way. CHIP also focuses on fitness and its integral part in your overall health. CHIP addresses your sleep habits, your stressors, your relationships and the interaction between your mind and body.
The Complete Health Improvement Program takes participants through an intensive educational program with 18 sessions running over 8 weeks. Throughout the program, participants are guided through the various stages of lifestyle change, helping to show them the benefits of an optimal lifestyle and giving them the tools to maintain positive lifestyle change.
Are you ready to reduce your cholesterol or blood sugar?
Are you ready to sleep better and have more energy?
Are you ready to lose weight?
Are you ready to get off certain medications?
Register and join us for a free CHIP informational session where you will learn all the details about everything the CHIP program has to offer. We'll review the complete session schedule, provide details on the health screenings, show you what your CHIP kit will contain, and also show you results of the lifestyle changes others have achieved by completing the CHIP program! Additionally, a CHIP-friendly meal will be served at each information session. Please pre-register for these sessions through My Learning Connection.
- Info session dates and locations coming soon!
Summer 2022 Session
The 2022 CHIP session will be held from June to August.
- Specific class dates and times will be announced in the Spring of 2022.
*New* - Our CHIP program now includes a flexible component that allows a virtual participation option if you are unable to attend a particular session.
The summer session will include:
- 18 Group lifestyle education sessions.
- 2 Health screens including key blood markers.
- Participant kit containing books, pedometer, and water bottle.
- Grocery store tour with discussion on trending food topics.
- Cooking demos.
- Guest speakers.
- Group walking challenge.
- Healthy meals provided at all classes throughout the course.
- *New* Our CHIP program now includes a flexible component that allows a virtual participation option if you are unable to attend a particular session.
Daniela Novotny, DHSc, RD, LD, CHE
The cost of the program is $200 and is noncredit fee waiver eligible.
The cost covers:
-Books and materials
-Meals at all sessions
-Pre and post laboratory panels to measure improvement
-Grocery shopping tour
There is a $25 MSU Bookstore gift card incentive at the end for 85% class attendance/makeup and a $25 MSU Bookstore gift card incentive for improvement in 1 of 5 indicators (total cholesterol, LDL, Triglycerides, weight loss, blood sugar).
Sponsored dependents and household dependents may participate at a reduced rate. Class size is limited.
Please register through My Learning Connection:
- Login at My Missouri State.
- Go to the “Profile” tab.
- Click “My Learning Connection” under the Professional Development section.
- Once there, type CHIP into the search box at the upper right of the screen.
- Follow the prompts to use your noncredit fee waiver or pay for the class.
Please contact us by emailing BenHunt@MissouriState.edu.