The ServSafe® program is developed by the National Restaurant Association with the help of foodservice
industry experts who face the same risks you do every day. Your concerns are their
Their years of experience and inside knowledge of the foodservice industry are at the core of their courses, exams and materials. They can prepare you to handle food sanitation risks because they have direct experience with it. They also have reliable materials, flexible options, and expert food safety educators.
Exams must be purchased directly through ServSafe prior to making an appointment with the Testing Center. Non-Missouri State students must also pay a $25.00 sitting fee to the Testing Center as part of the appointment process.
Registration is a multi-step process:
- After purchasing your exam through ServSafe (or obtaining a voucher through your school), return to our website and choose the Schedule an Exam link in the left navigation bar.
- Read the instructions on the page - if you are a Missouri State student, choose the Exam Registration for Missouri State University Students link at the bottom of the page. If you are NOT a Missouri State student, choose the Exam Registration for Non-Missouri State Students (Guest Access) link.
- Complete the form on the appointment request page. Make sure you complete the process
after adding the exam to your "cart".
- You must select the exam type ("group") from the dropdown menu to begin scheduling your appointment. "Group" is simply the type of exam you want to take - in this case, choose National Restaurant Association from the menu. You'll check ServSafe in Step 2 as your exam.
- Check your email for the confirmation of your appointment.
- Once you have the confirmation, go to the Pay for Your Exam page and choose ServSafe to pay the sitting fee ($25.00).
Questions or Concerns?
Contact the Testing Center Coordinator at SueMcCrory@missouristate.edu or by phone at 417-836-6120.