National Center for Competency Testing
TGhe National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) is an independent organization that has tested healthcare professionals and instructors throughout the United States since 1989. NCCT provides multiple qualifying paths for certification in the following roles:
- Medical Assistant - NCMA (accredited by NCCA)
- Medical Office Assistant - NCMOA (accredited by NCCA)
- ECG Technician - NCET (accredited by NCCA)
- Phlebotomy Technician - NCPT (accredited by NCCA)
- Tech in Surgery - Certified (NCCT), TS-C (NCCT) (accredited by NCCA)
- Insurance and Coding Specialist - NCICS (accredited by NCCA)
- Patient Care Technician - NCPCT (accredited by NCCA)
- Certified Postsecondary Instructor - CPI
Scheduling an NCCT exam is a multi-step process.
- Log into your account on the NCCT website and purchase your exam.
- Return to our website to schedule your appointment.
- Click on the Schedule an Exam link in the navigation pane on the left side of the page.
- Read the instructions on the page and click on the appropriate exam registration link
at the bottom of the page.
- Current Missouri State students are EXEMPT from paying a sitting fee, and should choose the registration link for Missouri State students.
- Non-Missouri State students or students not currently taking classes must pay a $25.00 sitting fee. Non-Missouri State students (those without BearPass credentials) should use the Guest Access link at the bottom of the page to schedule an appointment.
- Choose "NCCT" from the "group" dropdown menu. A "group" is simply the type of exam you wish to take. Make sure you pick the NCCT option or you will not see your exam listed in the next step.
- Choose the specific exam you want to take from the list in the next step.
- Complete the remainder of the form.
- Check your email for the confirmation of your appointment.
- If you are required to pay the sitting fee, go to Pay for Your Exam and choose NCCT from the list available. You may be required to show proof of payment at the time of your appointment.
- Bring a valid (non-expired), government issued photo ID to your appointment - no exceptions.
Questions or Concerns?
Contact the Testing Center Coordinator at SueMcCrory@MissouriState.edu or by phone at 417-836-6120.