External Scholarships and Loan Opportunities
Many external professional associations, organizations and governmental groups also support the education of social workers. Our students often receive financial assistance through the following opportunities:
Loans for graduate students
Primo Scholars Loan
The Primary Care Resource Initiative for Missouri (PRIMO) Program is a forgivable loan program that provides student loans in exchange for services in health professional shortage areas in Missouri, including licensed clinical social workers. Loan amounts for master’s level students are $5,000. Contact the Southwest Missouri Area Health Education Center for more information.
- NASW Loan Forgiveness via the Higher Education Act and the College Cost Reduction Act of 2007
National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program
This program offers fully trained and licensed clinical social workers $50,000 to repay student loans in exchange for two years serving in a community-based site in a high-need health professional shortage area approved by the NHSC.
Scholarship search engines
- Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, Inc.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund, Inc.
- MANA, A National Latina Organization
- United States Hispanic Leadership Institute
- USA Funds
- American Indian Education Foundation
- American Indian Graduate Center
- Association of American Indian Affairs Inc.
- Chickasaw Foundation Scholarship Program
- Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Higher Education Grant
- Morongo Band of Mission Indians
- Morris K. Udall Scholarship
- National Indian Education Association
- Sky People Higher Education