- To instantly print your current or past semester enrollment certificate to send to insurance companies, lenders, etc., use your BearPass number to access the National Student Clearinghouse Self-Service feature . This certificate will include your name, enrollment status (full-time, three-quarter time, half-time, or less than half-time), and beginning/ending dates of term. See below for more information about the National Student Clearinghouse.
- To request a future semester enrollment verification letter that includes your name, enrollment status (full-time, three-quarter time, half-time, less than half-time), and beginning/ending dates of semester, you can submit an online request for a letter. Student must be officially registered for the future semester before enrollment can be verified.
- If additional information is needed you may send an email to Registrar@MissouriState.edu from your MSU email account. See below for more information on what is considered Directory Information. Please provide your BearPass number in your email and indicate additional information that needs to be included in the letter, such as:
- social security number
- address (permanent or local)
- schedule of classes
- current curriculum
- degree awarded
- expected graduation date
- You may also submit a paper Enrollment Verification Request form.
- Note to veteran students: This enrollment verification process is separate from veterans benefits certification. If you are receiving veterans benefits, you must complete a Veteran's Certification Request form after registering for each semester through the Veterans Student Center.
More on the Clearinghouse
The Office of the Registrar participates in an enrollment verification program through the National Student Clearinghouse. The Clearinghouse is a source for instant verification of post-secondary student enrollment and graduation data. This service is paid for and utilized by lenders, guarantor, health insurers, credit issuers, employers, background screening firms, and other organizations so they can efficiently and accurately verify academic status of their clients.
What is Directory Information?
Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), only selected information about a student, designated as "Directory Information," can be released without the student's written consent (or as otherwise specifically allowed under FERPA). Refer to the FERPA/Confidentiality of Student Education Records policy for more information and a definition of "Directory Information".