This certificate provides non-Risk Management and Insurance majors the opportunity to gain knowledge of the risk and insurance industry. There is a high demand for talent in this industry due to an aging workforce and the relatively small number of risk and insurance programs in the U.S. This certificate is useful to both current students pursuing another major and individuals who have already achieved some level of education in another area, but want to obtain basic skills to join the risk and insurance industry.
Program requirements (12 hours)
- RMI 211(3), 312(3), 313(3); RMI 310(3) or 314(3).
- All candidates must satisfy the General University Certificate Requirements.
This certificate is only available to students who are not majoring in Risk Management and Insurance.
Attain a grade of C or better in all courses to advance in the certificate.
- Prerequisite for RMI 211 is 15 hours.
- Prerequisite for RMI 312 is RMI 211.
- Prerequisite for RMI 313 is RMI 211.
- Prerequisite for RMI 310 is QBA 237 or equivalent.
- Prerequisite for RMI 314 is 30 hours.