26,000 Students Strong
More than 26,000 students are enrolled at Missouri State. These students come from all over Missouri and outside the state:
- More than 6,600 students from greater Springfield
- More than 4,700 students from greater St. Louis
- More than 2,400 students from greater Kansas City
- Students from every county in Missouri except one
- More than 3,000 students from outside Missouri (including 83 foreign countries)
Career-Ready Academic Programs
MSU focuses on high quality academic programs in fields with significant employment demand.
- Missouri State's College of Business is the largest in Missouri with more than 5,000 students.
- More than 4,400 students are enrolled in professional health programs, and another 2,000 are enrolled in STEM fields.
- MSU produces more teachers each year than any other university in Missouri. One in eight K-12 teachers in Missouri have a credential from Missouri State.
MSU Appreciates State Support
Two years ago the state increased Missouri State's operating appropriation by $10 million. This mitigated the gap in state funding per student between Missouri State and the other universities. We owe a huge debt of gratitude to legislators who worked hard for this appropriation increase.
Last year, faced with uncertainty during the pandemic, the state withheld funds from MSU and other higher education institutions.
This year, MSU's top priority is to restore its source of funding and core operating appropriation to $94 million - the amount it was two years ago.