The Most Missouri Students
More than 26,000 students are enrolled at Missouri State. We now have more students from Missouri than any other university in the state!
These students come from all over Missouri and outside the state:
- More than 7,500 students from greater Springfield
- More than 4,900 students from greater St. Louis
- More than 2,500 students from greater Kansas City
- Students from every county in Missouri
- More than 4,400 students from outside Missouri (including 83 foreign countries)
Career-Ready Academic Programs
MSU focuses on high quality academic programs in fields with significant employment demand.
- Missouri State's College of Business is the largest in Missouri with more than 5,200 students.
- More than 4,300 students are enrolled in professional health programs, and another 2,000 are enrolled in STEM fields.
- MSU produces more teachers each year than any other university in Missouri. One in eight K-12 teachers in Missouri have a credential from Missouri State.
MSU Appreciates State Support
Last year the state increased Missouri State's operating appropriation by $10 million. This mitigated the gap in state funding per student between Missouri State and the other universities. We owe a huge debt of gratitude to legislators who worked hard for this appropriation increase.
Missouri State's legislative priorities for 2020 include:
- Maintain MSU's core operating appropriation, including the $10 million increase approved last year.
- An inflationary increase in state funding to pay for customary increases in ordinary business expenses
- Funding for a $1.8 million MoExcels grant to expand the Jordan Valley Innovation Center and establish the Missouri Cybersecurity Center of Excellence
- A one-time $4.85 million appropriation in matching capital funds to renovate Missouri State's Professional Building which houses the university's professional health programs
- A one-time $6.5 million appropriation in matching capital funds to expand the Darr College of Agriculture