Meet the following criteria. You'll gain admission into UMKC School of Law's 90-plus program.
- Major in political science with a public law minor.
- Complete at least 90 undergraduate credit hours at Missouri State, including the political science major and all non-elective course work.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.3 or higher.
- Meet the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) score requirements. You must score equal to or greater than the 50th percentile of UMKC School of Law’s most recent entering class (152 in 2017).
- Complete a satisfactory interview with the UMKC School of Law Admissions Committee.
Timeline for eligible MSU students
- After your sophomore year at Missouri State, notify the Missouri State political science department that you intend to pursue the 90-plus path.
- Take your LSAT in the June following your sophomore year.
- Before the start of your junior year, apply to the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law. The MSU political science department assists you in the application process.
- Complete your first year of law school. These credits fulfill the remaining requirements for your bachelor's degree.
- Working with the UMKC School of Law, submit your official transcript to Missouri State.
- Document completion of your bachelor's degree prior to starting your second year of law school. You'll receive a bachelor's degree from Missouri State.