Obtaining a Vehicle from Motor Pool

Op9.05 Obtaining a Vehicle from Motor Pool

Authorization to Reserve a University Vehicle

  • Any employee representing a University account with adequate funds for authorized University expenditure may reserve a Motor Pool vehicle to conduct official University business.  The employee's department head must authorize the request and is responsible for all reservations.
  • The driver to whom a University vehicle has been released is fully responsible for the security and operation of a vehicle until it is returned to the Motor Pool.
  • Use of University-owned vehicles is limited to full and part-time faculty and staff.  Because of liability requirements of the State of Missouri, students are not allowed to drive University vehicles or vehicles leased for use by the University unless they are employed by the University and their official duties require them to drive.
  • The person to whom the vehicle is assigned must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver license appropriate for the vehicle being driven.  If the vehicle is designated to transport less than 16 passengers, then a Class F license (ordinary operator license) is required.  If an employee is hired to exclusively be a driver, then a Class E license is required.  Additionally a CDL (commercial driver's license) is required to drive any vehicle designed to transport 16 or more passengers.  Please call the Motor Pool if you are uncertain about when a CDL is applicable and/or have a questions regarding CDL requirements.