Pummill Hall Restaurant Facility Use Policy
The restaurant facility (dining room and kitchens) located in Pummill Hall is managed by the Hospitality Leadership (HL) department at Missouri State University. All classes in the restaurant facility will be scheduled by the department head. Requests to use the restaurant facility for events and activities by organizations outside of the HL department will be reviewed and scheduled by the department head.
In addition to classes being taught, outreach and research activities are also critical to the department and may on occasion take precedence to a regularly scheduled class when the department head determines that a “greater good” for the HL department must be met.
Requirements to use the restaurant facility are as follows:
- The facility must be scheduled with the HL department head (417-836-4409) in writing one month prior to the activity (see facility request application).
- The restaurant facility in Pummill Hall is designated as an HL academic facility and will be operated by the department accordingly. Any non-HL related events will occur outside of the Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. timeframe. Pummill Hall will be not be available for use during home football games.
- Any event scheduled must have an approved designated representative (faculty, staff, or administrator) present for the entirety of the event, including set-up and clean-up. The facility will be scheduled on a first come first served basis according to receipt of written request with the priority assigned in the following order:
- HL class activity,
- HL educational program,
- HL industry service activity,
- HL department fund raising activity,
- HL student club fund raising activity,
- HL recreational activity,
- Other activity.
- For university activities, a facility use fee of $500 will be required with the facility request. Cost to return the facility to classroom status will be billed to the sponsoring organization.
- For other activities, a facility use fee of $750 plus a $250 clean-up deposit will be required with the facility request. The $250 clean-up deposit will be returned following the event if no clean-up or facility maintenance is required. Cost to return the facility to classroom status will be billed to the sponsoring organization.
- All groups will be required to pay for a HL facility manager to oversee the event. The HL facility manager will be in charge of the facility including locking up the facility at the end of the event. The fee charged for the HL facility manager is not included in the fees noted above.
- Additional charges will apply for the use of audio/visual equipment. The HL facility manager must oversee the use of audio/visual equipment.
- Event groups will not be allowed to set-up their own tables and chairs. All furniture must be moved under the direction of the HL facility manager to reduce damage.
- Any food provided must be ordered through Missouri State Dining Services. Requests for Food Service Waivers will not be granted.
- Requesting organizations must sign a participation agreement releasing the university and HL department of liability. Any damages to the facility will be the responsibility of the requesting organization.