Department/Unit Eligibility

Op3.16-3 Department/Unit Eligibility

  1. Budget allocations for graduate assistantships are reflected in each department’s/unit’s 632 budget line. In January of each year, the Graduate Dean will send a notice to academic departments/colleges to give them an opportunity to request additional graduate teaching assistant funds (beyond their 632 budget line) to support their summer school programs. A relatively small number of summer graduate teaching assistantships are available compared to those supported in the academic year.
  2. Prior to the department completing an electronic BearPAF (Personnel Action Form) for a graduate assistant and submitting to the Graduate College for processing, each department/unit should determine that sufficient funds are available in its 632 budget line. If sufficient funds are not in the 632 budget line to cover an assistantship, funds may be transferred to the 632 budget line from another account. Additional funds may be required to cover the fee waiver (see Fee Waiver Costs). Funds cannot be transferred from the 632 budget line to other accounts without written approval from the Graduate Dean.