Why earn the musculoskeletal – upper extremity graduate certificate at Missouri State?
- Reach a professional milestone. This certificate prepares you for the COMT exam.
- Our partnership with the International Academy of Orthopedic Medicine (IAOM) allows us to prepare you for this highly sought credential.
- Being at the COMT level can lead you to better jobs and pay.
- As a specialist for the upper extremities, you can provide advanced diagnostic and treatment methods to your patients.
Apply on GradCAS
Certificate in Musculoskeletal – Upper Extremity
Jeanne Cook, Program Director
MCQY Room 211, Phone: 417-836-6129
The Graduate Certificate in Upper Extremity provides 9 hours of advanced musculoskeletal examination and treatment of the Cervical Spine, Shoulder, and Elbow/Hand. Emphasis is on differential diagnosis and manual treatment approaches. Individuals successfully completing this graduate certificate may be eligible to apply for permission to sit for the International Academy of Orthopedic Medicine (IAOM) Certification in Orthopedic Manual Therapy (COMT) examination.
- Candidates for the certificate must be enrolled and be in good standing in a graduate health professions program OR have proof of current professional licensure in a health profession.
- Have permission of both the home and physical therapy department heads.
Required courses (9 hrs)
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|PTE 811||Advanced Musculoskeletal – Cervical Spine||3 hrs|
|PTE 821||Advanced Musculoskeletal - Shoulder||3 hrs|
|PTE 831||Advanced Musculoskeletal – Elbow and Hand||3 hrs|