Why earn the musculoskeletal – spine graduate certificate at Missouri State?
- Level up: This certificate makes you eligible for the COMT exam.
- Have a rare, nationally recognized credential. We partner with the International Academy of Orthopedic Medicine (IAOM) to offer courses for COMT eligibility.
- With the COMT label, you can increase your marketability and salary potential.
- Learn high-level techniques to provide better patient care and outcomes in spine care.
Apply on GradCAS
Apply to this certificate program through a central application: GradCAS. Review the sections below before you begin.
Certificate in Musculoskeletal – Spine – MRP
Jeanne Cook, Program Director
MCQY Room 211, Phone: 417-836-6129
The Graduate Certificate in Spine provides 9 hours of advanced musculoskeletal examination and treatment of the lumbar/sacroiliac, cervical, and thoracic spine. Emphasis is on differential diagnosis and manual treatment approaches. Individuals successfully completing this graduate certificate may be eligible to apply for permission to sit for the International Academy of Orthopedic Medicine (IAOM) Certification in Orthopedic Manual Therapy (COMT) examination.
- Candidates for the certificate must be enrolled and be in good standing in a graduate health professions program OR have proof of current professional licensure in a health profession
- Have permission of both the home and physical therapy department heads.
Required courses (9 hrs)
|Course Code||Course Title||Credit Hours|
|PTE 810||Advanced Musculoskeletal – Lumbar Spine and Sacroiliac Joint||3 hrs|
|PTE 811||Advanced Musculoskeletal – Cervical Spine||3 hrs|
|PTE 812||Advanced Musculoskeletal – Thoracic Spine||3 hrs|