Dr. John H. Downing
Role: Faculty Emeritus
- PhD, 1985, University of Oregon
- MS, 1974, Springfield College
- BS, 1970, Springfield College
- KIN 100 Fitness for Living Lecture/Laboratory
- KIN 127 Weight Training
- KIN 210 Healthy Lifestyles: Preventive Approaches
- KIN 358 Health Education
- KIN 440 Middle School Physical Education
- SEO 493 Supervised Teaching - Secondary
- SED 496 Supervised Teaching - Elementary
- KIN 468 Adapted Physical Education
- KIN 545 Perceptual and Motor Development
- PED 699 Thesis Supervision
- PED 695 Research Project Supervision
Research and professional interests
- Interdisciplinary Teaching Methods
- Motor Development in K-12 Children at Risk
- Behavior and Classroom Management for At-Risk Children
- Wellness Knowledge Attitudes and Behavior In College Students
- Downing, John H. (2017). Critical thinking interventions effect students' wellness knowledge, attitudes and behaviors. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 88, (Suppl. 1), A 70.
- Downing, Johu H. (2014). Evaluating student response systems in a Perceptual Motor Development course. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 85, (Suppl. 1), A60.
- Downing, John H. & Altena, Thomas A. (2012). Enhancing critical thinking skills in fitness-wellness courses: A preliminary study. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 83, (Suppl. 1), A-15-A-16.
- Downing, J. H., Keating, T, Altena, Thomas, S Masterson, G. (2011). Assessing student wellness knowledge, attitudes and behaviors: A technological approach. National Strength and Conditioning Association Conference Abstract, 34, 768.
- Downing, J. H. (2011). Field testing the wellness knowledge, attitude and behavior instrument. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 82, (Suppl. 1), A26.
- Downing, J. H., Masterson, G. E. and Altena, T. S. (2010). Assessing technology's effects on student wellness knowledge, attitudes and behavior. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 81, (Suppl. 1), A21.