Before accepting a student loan students should use the Cost Worksheet provided on our web site to determine how much you need to accept to cover costs at Missouri State University. We encourage you to keep your borrowing to a minimum. You may print and keep the worksheet for your records.
Remember, you will accept, decline, or reduce your awards online at your My Missouri State. If you decide to accept the Stafford Loan, you must do the following:
- Complete the Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling at StudentLoans.gov.
- Sign your Master Promissory Note at StudentLoans.gov. You will need to have your Department of Education issued PIN to begin the process. This is the same PIN you used to file your FAFSA on line.
- Log onto your My Missouri State to accept your loan(s).
Upon logging in:
- Click on the “Profile” tab and scroll down to the Financial Aid box.
- You will be asked to sign the financial aid e-Agree contract the first time you log in.
Once you have signed the e-Agree, choose the “Award for Aid Year” link which will then allow access to detailed information about the awards offered above, as well as enable you to accept, decline, or alter loan awards.