The following resources are available for facility signage, shielding guidelines, hand sanitizer stations, custodial services and cleaning materials.
Facility Signage and Sanitizing Resources
In response to COVID-19 Planning, Design and Construction has developed shielding guidelines similar to strategies currently implemented at most retail establishments in our community.
To supplement handwashing, additional hand sanitizer stations will be placed at building entrances and throughout building common areas as appropriate to building use, population density, and traffic patterns. Modifications will be made to accommodate events and other special circumstances as the need arises.
In academic buildings dispensers will be placed at each building entrance and at the entrances of upper floors near stairwells and elevators. Custodial staff will service dispensers as needed. If a dispenser is found to be empty this should be reported through a work request or by calling work management at 417-836-8400.
In an effort to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 throughout the campus community, the University is issuing the following guidelines regarding cleaning and disinfecting.
Disinfecting for health continues to be a priority for custodial teams. In response to COVID-19, cleaning frequencies have been revised to place more time and emphasis on public, high-touch spaces.
- Lounges, auditoriums, kitchens, conference rooms, break rooms, locker rooms, and restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Classrooms will be disinfected up to three times in each 24-hour period, Monday-Friday, dependent on the schedule of each classroom. Classrooms will be closed at certain times to allow for disinfecting. Schedules for classrooms will be available through EMS and posted in each classroom by Building Coordinators at the beginning of each semester.
- In workout areas and weight rooms, disinfecting products will be available for users to disinfect equipment before and after use. Schedules for workout facilities and spaces will be modified to allow staff members to disinfect the areas.
- In all buildings, custodial will focus on high touch surfaces including push and pull plates, door knobs, hand rails, entrances, push and pull partitions, desks and table tops, light switches, sink faucet handles, soap, toilet paper, and towel dispensers, water fountains, elevator buttons, vending machines, etc.
- Hospital grade disinfectants EPA registered for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) will be used.
- In order to increase cleaning frequencies in public, high-touch spaces, and classrooms; other modifications will be necessary. In E&G facilities, service in office areas will be once a week or as needed, and floor care in public areas will be completed on an as needed basis. Special circumstances or events necessitating a modification to this schedule should be communicated through a Work Request for Custodial review and response or by calling Work Management at (417) 836-8400.
- Departments who would like computer lab equipment disinfected or need additional disinfecting in lounges, kitchens, conference rooms, and break rooms, beyond the daily service provided by Custodial may purchase cleaning materials for departmental use. Cleaning materials such as gloves, disinfectant in spray bottles, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer can be purchased by department via Work Request and delivered by Central Receiving. Custodial supplies should be purchased through Work Request to insure that products used are EPA registered for use against SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) and that Safety Data Sheets are available. Additional information is available on the Facilities Management web site. It is the intent that these supplies be stocked centrally within departments for use by individuals on an as needed basis.
Custodial teams will continue to monitor and revise their plan to meet the needs and support the safety of students, faculty, staff, and guests.
Cleaning materials such as gloves, disinfectant in spray bottles, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer can be purchased by department for those who are interested and would like to supplement the work being done by custodial teams. Purchases can be made via work request or by calling Work Management at 417-836-8400. Please specify in the work order the product you would like to purchase and the quantity.
Products available for purchase:
Product Unit Price** Spray Bottle Filled with Disinfectant (1 quart/32 ounces) $2.80 Disinfectant Refill (only for bottles previously purchased through Custodial Services) $0.50 Disinfectant Wipes (75 wipes/container) $4.75 Disinfectant Wipes (6 containers/case) $28.50 Paper Towels (1 roll) $0.70 Paper Towels (30 rolls/case) $20.83
Vinyl Gloves* (1 box of 100 gloves)
Specify size: medium, large, extra large
$3.88 Vinyl Gloves* (10 boxes/case) $38.80 Hand Sanitizer (1 16oz. bottle with pump) $5.96 Hand Sanitizer (12 bottles/case) $71.94
*Gloves are recommended for use with spray disinfectant.
**Prices and availability subject to change based on supplier.