Auditions are held for all students who wish to perform in a concert ensemble during the spring semester (Wind Ensemble, Wind Symphony and Concert Band). Descriptions for each ensemble are available on the respective ensemble webpage. Below is the necessary information regarding audition times and audition material. Non-Music major students interested in Concert Band ONLY, see below. If you have questions please email Dr. Zastoupil.
Wind Ensemble: MWF, 1:25-2:55pm
Wind Symphony: TTh, 2:00-3:30pm
Concert Band: MW, 3:30-5:00pm
WIND ENSEMBLE: There are openings in trumpet, oboe, wind ensemble sections. Unless notified via email, all wind ensemble members do not re-audition.
WIND SYMPHONY: There are openings in all wind symphony sections. Unless notified via email, all wind symphony members do not re-audition.
CONCERT BAND*: Open to all students by audition. If you are a non-music major ONLY interested in Concert Band, please fill out the online audition form before 12/1/21.
ONLINE SIGN UPS / AUDITION SUBMISSION DEADLINE
Audition registration is here: https://forms.gle/ARWyVYiUsLYVZ5JH8
Form and emailed video audition must be submitted by 11:59pm, November 30, 2021.
A recorded audition must be submitted as an uploaded video link, via YouTube or Dropbox, OneDrive, etc. Submissions must be received before 11:59 PM on November 30, 2021. Recorded audition files or links should be emailed to Dr. Zastoupil. Be sure you also register via the Google Form online.
- Total time should be no more than 3 minutes.
- Woodwinds and Brass: choose two contrasting etudes (one technical and one lyrical).
- Percussion: choose two solo works (concert literature or etudes). The two works must be for two different instrument types (for example snare and timpani, or snare and a mallet instrument, or a mallet instrument and timpani - NOT two mallet instrument etudes.)
- Before you play, state your name and instrument on the recording
- Try to record the audition in a large space
- Listen to the recording before you send it to be sure everything recorded correctly