Apply to this program through a central application. Review the sections below before you begin.
Application and Admission Requirements
Apply to the program through the cell and molecular biology international student application.
Admission to the program requires a strong science and mathematics background identical to that required of a student completing the undergraduate program in cell and molecular biology. In addition, admission to the program requires evidence that the applicant will be able to successfully complete a rigorous graduate program in the sciences at a high level of performance. Entrance into the program requires completion of the following.
- Two semesters of organic chemistry
- Two semesters of physics
- A course in calculus
- A bachelor's degree from a Missouri State University recognized accredited college or university and a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale, overall, or for the last 60 hours
- Applicants must have:
- an official transcript including all undergraduate work
- three letters of recommendation
- GRE scores
- a statement of research interest
Applicants will be evaluated for admission based upon their submitted materials. By the end of the first semester, candidates must be accepted into a research laboratory by a member of the Graduate Faculty who becomes the student's advisor.