This policy describes scholarships available to transfer students who enroll at MSU-Springfield during or following the summer semester of 2022. Students admitted for previous semesters should visit the How Do I Keep My Financial Aid page.
Students who transfer to MSU-Springfield with fewer than 24 transferable credit hours should refer to the General Scholarship Policies found on the Scholarships for Freshmen page.
To qualify, students must:
- Be transfer students from other colleges and universities in the United States.
- Earn qualifying transfer credits following high school graduation and prior to enrollment at MSU.
- Apply for admission by the deadline specified for each scholarship and be admitted.
- Be enrolled full-time at MSU.
- Be lawfully present in the United States.
All scholarships can be renewed for two years beyond the first year (6 semesters in total). Scholarship Enrollment and Renewal Standards also apply to recipients of transfer scholarships.
Note for transfer students from MSU-West Plains
Selected MSU-West Plains scholarships (i.e., Board of Governors, Chancellor’s, and Deans) offered by the West Plains campus are transferable to the Springfield campus by students who meet West Plains renewal criteria. Students will receive the Springfield campus value for the corresponding scholarship (Board of Governors, Provost, and Deans, respectively). These scholarships cannot be combined with other MSU transfer scholarships. Students who qualify for other transfer scholarships with a greater value will receive those scholarships instead.