Dr. David M. Mitchell
Finance, Economics and Risk Management
Dr. David Mitchell is professor of economics, director of the Bureau of Economic Research and director of the Center for Economic Education at Missouri State University.
His research and professional interests include economics of the environment, housing, regional economic growth and economic forecasting.
- PhD, Economics, 2001, Oklahoma State University
- MA, Economics, 1996, Central Missouri State University
- BS, Economics, 1994, Truman State University
- ECO 101 Economics of Social Issues
- ECO 155 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECO 165 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECO 316 Sports and Entertainment Economics
- ECO 320 American Economic History
- ECO 450 Location of Economics Activity
- ECO 475 Managerial Economics
- ECO 590 Senior Research Seminar
Research and professional interests
- Economics of the environment
- Regional economic growth
- Industry analysis
- Economic forecasting
Area of expertiseEconomics
Missouri Democrats, labor angling for another ballot box victory, this time on minimum wage
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Economist Dr. David Mitchell comments on the minimum wage.
Will tariffs on China affect your pocketbook?
Economist Dr. David Mitchell provides insights on the tariffs.
Joplin hits record low unemployment
The Joplin Globe
Economist Dr. David Mitchell addresses low unemployment levels.
It’s time to ‘Raise the Age’ in Missouri. It’s a matter of dollars and sense
The Kansas City Star
Economist Dr. David Mitchell writes a commentary about the "Raise the Age" bill.
Examining Right-to-Work, What Lies Ahead for Missouri
Economist Dr. David Mitchell provides insight about Missouri’s right-to-work law.
Gap Years: How the Growing Trend Impacts Students
Economist Dr. David Mitchell discusses the gap year trend.
Springfield area prepares for change to overtime regulations
Economist Dr. David Mitchell addresses impact of the new regulations.