Are you feeling overwhelmed? Stressed out? Dizzy with the distractions of the digital age? Enslaved by the tyranny of time and not enough hours in the day? Do you need to unplug and unwind? Do you need to be more creative and centered? Are you seeking serenity and peace of mind? Then, this class is for you. Doctors attribute 80% of our illness to the effects of stress. This is called the Age of Anxiety. Why not learn how to disconnect from the world and control your own turbulent mind? In this class you will learn three different styles of meditation and be given a mindfulness practice to do each week. These techniques are universal and separate from any religion or sect. Join the Mindful Revolution (see Time Magazine Feb. 3, 2014 issue).
Ever wonder why some people seem to accomplish everything they set out to do while others struggle to finish the simplest task? And why do some students soar thru classes and others struggle to keep up? Why do some people have loving relationships in their life and others are always in conflict? And why is it some people become millionaires and others struggle to pay their bills? What is the secret that enables some to achieve their heart’s desire and live the life of their dreams? Are there basic laws of the universe that some people grasp early on and others never figure out? This class teaches those basic laws and principles so that you can achieve your heart’s desire.
Spring 2017 Sessions
Session 1 - Mindfulness/Meditation I
- Thursday, March 23 – 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in PSU 317
- Thursday, March 30 – 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in PSU 317
- Thursday, April 6 – 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in PSU 314 B & C
- Thursday, April 13 – 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in PSU 317
Session 2 - Mindfulness/Meditation II
- Thursday, April 20 – 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in Meyer Library Conference Room, L303
- Thursday, April 27 – 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in Meyer Library Conference Room, L303
- Thursday, May 4 – 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in Meyer Library Conference Room, L303
- Thursday, May 11 – 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in Meyer Library Conference Room, L303
Registration fee is $85 per session (each session includes 4 classes). Class is non-credit fee waiver eligible. A light meal will be served at each session. The textbook is provided when you sign up for the class.
Instructor: Pat Campbell
Pat holds a M. Ed. from Tulane University and has been a serious meditator for 36 years.
Please register using the new Learning Management System:
- Login at My Missouri State.
- Go to the “Profile” tab.
- Click “My Learning Connection” under the Professional Development section.
- Once there, type Mindfulness and Meditation into the search box at the upper right of the screen.
- Follow the prompts to use your non-credit fee waiver or pay for the class.
Questions? Contact BenHunt@missouristate.edu