- Format: MPEG-4 with H.264 encoding, or an MPEG-2 is preferred; however, YouTube will accept almost any video format.
- Data rate: There is no minimum. Videos should be optimized for resolution, aspect ratio and frame rate rather than data or bit rate
- 1280x720 (16:9 aspect ratio/HD)
- 640x480 (4:3 aspect ration/SD)
- Audio: MP3 or AAC
- Limitations: limit of 2GB in file size; if the video is intended for the Missouri State YouTube Channel there is no time limit for the video; otherwise if you are planning on uploading the video to another YouTube channel then it is likely that the video will be limited to 10 minutes of running time
You must be careful when creating your video to ensure that it is in the correct video format with the correct codec. iTunes U is very particular about what type of video formats it accepts.
Please ensure that your video is encoded with the settings below to ensure that it is compatible with all generations of iPods, iPhones and iPads, as well as embeddable video players.
- Video files (MPEG-4 with H.264 compression) with appropriate file extensions (.mp4, .m4v, .mov). For best results with iPod, Apple recommends using MPEG-4 with H.264 compression with the following specifications:
- Video Format: MPEG-4 with H.264
- Data Rate: Up to 1.5 Mbps
- Image Size: 640 x 480 pixels
- Frame Rate: 30 frames per second
- Key Frame: Every 24 frames
- Audio Tracks: Baseline Low-Complexity Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps