Missouri State University is transforming its homepage and other websites into fresh, newly-redesigned, fully mobile-friendly templates.
Why is the website changing?
More than half of Americans own a smartphone and one in three adults own a tablet. People search Google, update their Facebook statuses or look up a website whether they’re at home or on-the-go. It’s clear that mobile is no longer on the horizon; mobile is now.
We must adjust the homepage design and structure to make it function properly on a mobile device. The removal of the BearPass tab from the homepage on Oct. 6 is one of the first major changes to happen. Other changes will happen over the next several months, and we'll do our best to notify before the change happens.
Your feedback matters
We welcome input throughout the redesign process. Complete our online feedback form. Additionally, regular updates will be posted to this site. Members of the campus community are encouraged to comment on these updates.
This project has three goals:
- Implement a mobile-friendly design
- Adapt top-level navigation to meet University goals, audience stakeholder input and traffic analysis
Enhance marketing efforts
- Incorporate the brand statement and marketing messages into design and content
- Strive for consistency among units, campuses and external University sites
Meet current Web standards
- Upgrade Web programming practices to current industry standards
- Reduce bandwidth and database dependency by incorporating industry best practices