You must have a LinkedIn personal profile to set up a LinkedIn group. If you do not already have a LinkedIn personal profile, please follow these instructions.
- Log into LinkedIn with the username and password associated with your personal profile.
- At the top of the LinkedIn homepage, hover over “Interests” until a drop down menu appears, then select “Groups.”
- Once you are redirected to the ”What’s new in your groups” page, select the yellow “Create a group” button on the far right.
- Complete the form fields requested. A red asterisk means it's required.
- Once you have finished filling out the form, select “Create an Open Group” or “Create a Members-Only Group.”
- Open groups: Allow any person with a LinkedIn personal profile to join the group and view discussions.
- Members-only groups: Require an administrator of the group to manually approve or disapprove request to join the group from individuals with LinkedIn personal profiles. Users who are not members of the group cannot view discussions.