Creating a new page
By creating a new page, you add a static page to your blog site. This can be used to provide further information about the author and/or organization. Pages can also be used to organize information.
Unlike posts, the information found on pages is not time-dependent and does not need to be updated as frequently. Every time you create a new page, a new tab with a link to that page will be created in the header of your blog.
To create a new page:
- On the blog dashboard, click the Pages menu in the left column. You will see a list of the pages that currently exist.
- Click the Add New link in the expanded Pages menu.
- Type your new page title into the text box below Add New Page.
- Type the information you wish to appear on your page in the editing box below your title.
- Click Publish when finished.
Adding a link
You can link to other pages or additional information from your blog. This enables an author to direct readers to other sources in a quick and easy way. Every time you add a new link, it will appear in the Links widget on the right-hand side of your blog.
To add a link:
- From the blog dashboard, click the Links menu in the left column. This will show the links that currently exist.
- Click the Add New link in the expanded Links menu.
- Type the name of the linked page or additional information in the Name box.
- Type the URL of the website into the Web Address box.
- For additional help to your readers, you can type a brief description of the linked website or your reason for adding a link to this page into the Description box.
- Click Save.
Manage link categories
You can add, remove, or change categories for your links. The way you categorize your links will be reflected in the Links sidebar widget if you choose to feature it on your blog.
To manage link categories:
- From the blog dashboard, click on the Links menu in the left column. Click Link Categories below the expanded menu.
- Here you can edit and create category names and descriptions in much the same way that you edit posts. You can also delete any categories that are no longer needed. When you move the cursor over each category in the existing list, you’ll see options to Edit, Quick Edit, and Delete.
- When done editing, be sure to click Update Category to save your changes.