News releases about accomplishments are intended to promote accomplishments that have NOT been otherwise publicized. If information about an accomplishment is sent to media and covered by media BEFORE a news release is issued, that will decrease the likelihood of being included in a university news release.
Individual news releases will be issued and posted on the accomplishments page for the following types of accomplishments:
- National or multi-state recognitions or awards (1st through 3rd place)
- Statewide recognition or award (1st through 3rd place)
The following types of accomplishments will be posted to the university news page under accomplishments:
- Lower national or statewide award
- Regional recognition or award
- Presentation at conference or convention
- Article published in a magazine or journal
- Election or appointment to a regional, statewide or national board or committee
Information about these types of student accomplishments should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hometowner releases (released to the home towns of all participating students) will be issued for the following types of accomplishments and should be submitted utilizing the online publicity forms: