- Events that are open to the public (outside the university community) will be publicized to media via media calendars. Events must be submitted AND approved at least 10 days before they occur to be included on the media calendar.
- Board of Governor’s meetings will be publicized with a media advisory and a news release, when appropriate.
- A news release will be issued for the following types of events:
- An event that is open to the public AND is sponsored by the president’s office, provost’s office, vice presidential unit or a college
- Campus-wide events such as Homecoming
- Press conference or major university announcement
- Individual academic or continuing education courses should not be submitted to the calendar and will not be promoted to media.
- Rental events that are held at Missouri State, but are presented by a company or organization that is renting the facility, may be submitted to the Master Calendar, but they will not be publicized through media calendars.