Missouri State University supports the community through its statewide mission in public affairs.
Many departments and offices offer direct services to individuals, businesses, governments and organizations in Springfield, southwest Missouri and, in some cases, wider geographic areas. Community outreach programs utilize faculty expertise and skills to address state and community problems. Many community members are not aware of the services provided by the university and do not take advantage of the services.
Community Connections is an online database of services provided by Missouri State University to members of the community. This database provides a starting point for individuals, organizations, governments and businesses that are seeking services from the university.
Criteria for Inclusion:
- Service must be provided by a faculty member, staff member, student or volunteer of Missouri State University.
- Service must be provided as part of the official role of a university unit.
- Service must be available to individuals, groups or businesses outside the university.
- If there is a fee for a service, payment must be to the university or a community partner, not an individual faculty or staff member.
- Information about for-credit classes and degree-granting programs cannot be included. However, services that are provided TO THE PUBLIC through a regularly-occurring class will be considered for inclusion.
- Compensated consulting services provided by an individual faculty or staff member outside of their regular university duties cannot be included.
- Events cannot be included.
If you have questions or additional information, please contact Andrea Mostyn, assistant director of university communications at 417-836-6397.