- Academic Announcements
- Arts and Entertainment
- Athletics Alerts
- Deadlines and Reminders
- Student Events
- System Notifications
BearTXT is a voluntary, opt-in system designed to communicate brief announcements/reminders to Missouri State University faculty, staff and student subscribers.
Information overload will limit the effectiveness of any communication tool. BearTXT is most effective when used to reinforce a message rather than to convey a message.
BearTXT should be utilized as part of an overall communication strategy. The message should be targeted and focused rather than repeated or sent out as a last-minute solution.
- All messages must be approved by unit vice president or administrator (i.e. AD)
- Each unit will be responsible for designating its approved message “originators” with the ultimate approval of the message being done by the VP or administrator.
- Announcements will relate to official university business/events.
- Each unit will develop criteria for approval. Criteria will include:
- Message is limited to 120 characters, including URL. The essence of the message must be clearly conveyed within that parameter.
- Announcements must be brief, informative, professional.
- Common sense limits on the number of texts issued will be observed.
- Messages will be time-limited and contain a call for action.