Missouri State University welcomes transfers from accredited community colleges across the country. Serving transfer students is a priority for us, and we lead Missouri’s public colleges and universities in the enrollment of transfer students.
Here are some important things for you to know.
- If you enter Missouri State having completed an Associate of Arts degree from a regionally-accredited community college, you will have met our general education requirements.
- We have developed transfer equivalencies for many transferable courses from several community colleges in bordering states as well as some in more distant states.
- Transfer scholarships are available, including our Out-of-State Fee Waiver for students who transfer with 24 or more hours and a 3.25 grade point average.
- As an incoming transfer student, you will be eligible to register for your first semester at the same time our current students register.
- You are welcome to visit our campus, take a tour, and meet with a faculty member or advisor in your intended major.
We encourage you to visit the website of the college or department of your major, as many have specific information for transfers. We will also provide a customized degree plan on request for students from selected out-of-state institutions.
We look forward to assisting you as you plan to transfer to Missouri State!