Once you are officially admitted into Missouri State University, academic advisors will be in a much better position to answer important questions, such as:
- How many hours will it take me to graduate?
- How did my transfer courses match up with degree requirements?
- Do I need to have any course reevaluations and how can I do that?
- What courses should I take my first semester?
Since the answers can vary to the questions above, depending on the academic program of interest, it is important you talk with the transfer advisor most knowledgeable about your program.
- If you know your major, please contact the advisor assigned to work with transfer students in that program from the List of Transfer Advisors.
- If you are interested in a major in the College of Business, you should contact the Business Advisement Center by calling 417-836-5386.
- If you are an athlete who has been recruited to play on one of our NCAA-sanctioned teams, contact the Achievement Center for Intercollegiate Athletics (ACIA) at 417-836-6829.
- If you are interested in an education major, and are deciding among early childhood education (Birth to grade 3), elementary education (grades 1-6), middle school education (grades 5-9), or special education (grades K-12), contact the Educational Advisement Center at 417-836-5429. If you are interested in secondary education (grades 9-12) and have an idea on the subject area you would like to teach, contact the appropriate department by using the List of Transfer Advisors.
- If you are undecided on a major, contact the Academic Advisement Center at 417-836-5258 to schedule an appointment with the Transfer Advisor for undecided students.
When you applied to Missouri State University, you were asked to list your intended academic major. If that major has changed since your application date, please contact the Office of Admissions at 417-836-5517 or (800) 492-7900 to update your record.
During semester breaks or following personnel changes, it can sometimes be challenging to reach an advisor from the List of Transfer Advisors. If you have tried to call or email an advisor from this list more than once and have not gotten a response, please contact the departmental office.