The goals of the MSW program are to:
- Provide foundation curriculum built upon the liberal arts that emphasizes a generalist perspective in family health and practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations and communities.
- Prepare graduates committed to appreciating and accepting diversity among various groups of people.
- Provide the social work profession with graduates who are able to skillfully respond to social problems, social change initiatives and differing service delivery systems that affect family health.
- Infuse and affirm the values, ethics purpose and goals of the social work profession throughout the educational curriculum.
- To prepare advanced social work practitioners who understand and accept the responsibility to become and remain proficient in professional practice through lifelong acquisition of knowledge and skills.