Many external professional associations, organizations and governmental groups also support the education of social workers. Our students often receive financial assistance through the following opportunities:
External Scholarships and Loan Opportunities
Loans for graduate students
Primo Scholars Loan
The Primary Care Resource Initiative for Missouri (PRIMO) Program is a forgivable loan program that provides student loans in exchange for services in health professional shortage areas in Missouri, including licensed clinical social workers. Loan amounts for master’s level students are $5,000. Contact the Southwest Missouri Area Health Education Center for more information.
- NASW Loan Forgiveness via the Higher Education Act and the College Cost Reduction Act of 2007
This program offers fully trained and licensed clinical social workers $50,000 to repay student loans in exchange for two years serving in a community-based site in a high-need health professional shortage area approved by the NHSC.
Scholarship search engines
- Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute, Inc.
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund, Inc.
- MANA, A National Latina Organization
- United States Hispanic Leadership Institute
- USA Funds
- American Indian Education Foundation
- American Indian Graduate Center
- Association of American Indian Affairs Inc.
- Chickasaw Foundation Scholarship Program
- Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma Higher Education Grant
- Morongo Band of Mission Indians
- Morris K. Udall Scholarship
- National Indian Education Association
- Sky People Higher Education