Providing professional guidance
The Advisory Board for the School of Social Work is a group of volunteers concerned with fostering the status of social work education in the regions served by the graduates of the BSW and MSW programs at Missouri State University.
The Board serves in three primary capacities:
1. Provide input to curricular issues, from the perspective of needs in the profession
2. Further relationships between “town and gown” by:
- improving field and job placement for students and graduates
- fostering research collaboration among students, faculty and off-campus constituents
- assisting the School of Social Work in student recruitment and continuing education functions
3. Identifying regional needs and resources, and ways the school may contribute to community betterment.
Advisory Board members serve according to their strengths, willingness and abilities in the areas above. The board meets formally three times each year during the summer, fall and spring semesters. Board members also gather informally for School events or to assist the director with specific tasks, such as faculty searches.
To nominate a Board Member, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
The current members of the School of Social Work Advisory Board include: