Facts for current students
In order to be eligible for work study, students must meet the following requirements:
- A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be on file with MSU.
- The student must have financial need.
- The student must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA.
- The student must be enrolled at least half-time to work: six (6) credit hours in the Fall and Spring, three (3) credit hours in the summer.
- International students are not usually eligible for work study.
The student should check their Financial Aid Award Letter to see if they have been awarded work study.
Student Employment Services has converted its Work Study job placement process to an online system. With this new system, students receive increased viewing privileges of Work Study positions and they are able to view and print job contact information.
Searching for jobs
To search for jobs, follow these steps:
- Go to www.missouristate.edu/studentemp/.
- Click “Missouri State University Students"
- Click on Find a Job.
- Click on the gray Student Employment Box.
- Use the location drop down menu to search for Springfield Campus jobs
- Click on an interesting job and click on the 'apply to this job' link on the top right of the job.
- Create a new account for this application system and apply to as many jobs as interest you.
When you are hired fill out appropriate paperwork with your supervisor. Do not begin work until you have been "cleared" by the student employment office.
Situations are available both on campus and off campus and are flexible in terms of scheduling work hours. The amount of the work study award is the amount a student may earn for that academic term.
Students must complete the following forms:
- W-4's, and
- Direct Deposit.
No student is allowed to begin work until all of these forms are completed.
These documents are provided in the hiring department for students. Each document must be completed, the I-9 Form E-Verified and then all documents must be returned to Student Employment for processing.
Once we have the paperwork and the online work study clearance form we can clear a student to work.
Students receive a paycheck bi-monthly for hours worked according to the Student Payroll Schedule at http://www.missouristate.edu/studentemp/paysched.html