Facts for current students
In order to be eligible for work study, students must meet the following requirements:
- A Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be on file with MSU.
- The student must have financial need.
- The student must have a minimum of a 2.0 GPA.
- The student must be enrolled at least half-time to work: six (6) credit hours in the Fall and Spring, three (3) credit hours in the summer.
- International students are not usually eligible for work study.
The student should check their Financial Aid Award Letter to see if they have been awarded work study.
Student Employment Services has converted its Work Study job placement process to an online system. With this new system, students receive increased viewing privileges of Work Study positions and they are able to view and print job contact information.
Students must complete the following forms:
- W-4's, and
- Direct Deposit.
No student is allowed to begin work until all of these forms are completed.
These documents are provided in the hiring department for students. Each document must be completed, the I-9 Form E-Verified and then all documents must be returned to Student Employment for processing.
Once we have the paperwork and the online work study clearance form, we can clear a student to work.
Students receive a paycheck bi-monthly for hours worked according to the Student Payroll Schedule at http://www.missouristate.edu/studentemp/paysched.html.