Work Study

Federal Work-Study Program


The Office of Student Employment Services administers the placement for the Federal Work-Study Program.  The Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses.  The program encourages community service and work that is related to students course of study.

In order to hold a Work-Study job on-campus, you must have received Work Study through your Financial Aid Award Letter. Your award letter will say you received a Federal College Work-Study Program and have a dollar amount. You cannot apply for work study positions unless this is on your award letter.

Unlike other types of financial aid, work-study is paid directly to the student as it is earned.  There are a wide variety of work-study positions available on-campus with schedules designed to meet each student's needs.  All open work-study positions are online.

To locate jobs, follow these instructions. Go to our Website.

  1. Go to
  2. Click "Find a job"
  3. Click "Create Account" (username must be different than your bearpass) to apply for on-campus jobs online
  4. Find a position you are interested in and in the posting, click "Apply to this Job

The online job application system will store your application information, just remember your username and password!

When you obtain a job, you will need to complete new hire paperwork. There are several acceptable documents that you can provide for this paperwork, but the most common documents are your driver's license and social security card, or current passport.


Work-Study Assistance

For assistance with Work-Study contact us at:

The Office of Student Employment Services
Blair-Shannon, Room 113


417-836-4718 Financial Aid Technician for Work-Study 
417-836-7608 Fax

Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.