Federal Work Study Program
The Office of Student Employment Services administers the placement for the Federal Work Study Program. The Federal Work Study Program provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service and work that is related to students course of study.
In order to hold a Work Study job on campus, you must have received Work Study through your Financial Aid Award Letter. Your award letter will say you received a Federal College Work Study Program and have a dollar amount. You cannot apply for work study positions unless this is on your award letter.
Unlike other types of financial aid, work study is paid directly to the student as it is earned. There are a wide variety of work study positions available on and off campus with schedules designed to meet each student's needs. All open work study positions are on-line.
To locate jobs, follow these instructions. Go to our Website.
- Click on Missouri State University Students
- Click on Find a Job.
- Click on the gray Student Employment box.
- Use the location drop down menu to choose "Springfield campus" to narrow your search to on campus jobs. Click Search.
- Click any interesting position and click on Apply to This Job.
- Create a new user account for this application system. The online job application system will store your application information, just remember your username and password!
- Once you are hired you will complete paperwork before you begin work.
Work Study Assistance
For assistance with Work Study contact us at:
The Office of Student Employment Services
Blair-Shannon, Room 113
417-836-4718 Financial Aid Technician for Work Study
Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.