1. Call to Order - A regular meeting of the Staff Senate of Missouri State University was called to order at Plaster Student Union, PSU 313 at 1:30 p.m.
2. Roll Call
Present: Ben Boslaugh, Cindy Barnett, Edward DeLong (FAC SEN), Marline Faherty, Norm Griffith, Steven Lowery, Sheila Morris, Steve Milles, Parliamentarian, Kelly Barnts, Guy DeVault, Wendy Ferguson, LaDonna Hansen, Lenord McGownd, Dennis Perry, Virginia Andrews, Patrick Day, Roger Duclos, Glen Fletcher, Nancy Harris, Dale Moore, Jason Rhea
Absent: Sue Alvers, Patrick Byers, Terrill Harvey, Carter Allen (SGA), Casey Comoroski, Barb Jones, Darlene Bailey, SuzAnn Ferguson, Thomas Norrell
Guests: Lisa McEowen-LeVangie, Sheila Ponder, Janet Wight, Jeff Henry
- Vote on new officers
- Chair-Elect: Marline Faherty was nominated by Dale Moore (carried unanimously)
- Secretary: LaDonna Hansen was nominated by Dale Moore (carried unanimously)
- Howard Berriman, Assistant Director, Human Resources, gave a handout and spoke on "Proposed 2007 Health Plan Changes" which will be going before the Board of Governors tomorrow (8/4/06). There were many questions and much discussion. Changes include (but are not limited to):
- Employees will be allowed to decline insurance coverage. No additional salary or payment of any kind will be made in lieu of insurance coverage. This will be a two year test program.
- Options for Family medical insurance will change depending on who the employee is covering (employee + spouse; employee + children; employee + family). Deductible and co-pay amounts are changing. See handout for specifics.
Options for Family dental insurance will change depending on who the employee is covering (employee + spouse; employee + children; employee + family). Deductible and co-pay amounts are not changing. See handout for specifics.
Employees will be required to pay 7.5% of the University's cost for individual coverage. This requirement will be waived for all employees calendar year 2007.
The University will implement a Wellness Program (in development at this time). Employees who will participate in the program in 2007 will reduce their premium in 2008.
The University will purchase a health risk assessment questionnaire and employees who complete the questionnaire in 2007 will pay a reduced premium amount in 2008.
- Sherry Adams, Assistant to the Health Services Director, said two applicants for the campus Wellness Coordinator will be on campus very soon. On August 8, Dr. David Gobble will be on campus from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at THWC conference room. August 11, Carin Dehmer will be on campus from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the THWC conference room. Please feel free to visit with these candidates. (Handout of candidate resumes)\
4. Approval of Minutes
- Approval of Minutes of the open Regular Meeting of June 1, 2006 and July 6, 2006. Passed.
- Bylaw Committee - Steve Mills spoke regarding the changes the committee is considering. He anticipates having a resolution in the next meeting.
- Work/Life Committee - Dale Moore spoke that the committee was just getting under way.
- Limited discussion was held on external teaching duties.
- Salary savings money was mentioned.