1. Call to Order - A regular meeting of the Staff Senate of Missouri State University was called to order at Plaster Student Union, PSU 313 at 1:30 p.m.
2. Roll Call -
Present - Sherry Adams, Allison Crocker, Glen Fletcher, Terrill Harvey, David Liss, Tami Sutton, Ben Boslaugh, Guy DeVault, Norm Griffith, Tara Horton, Dennis Perry, Scott Walker, Sara Clark, Marline Faherty, LaDonna Hansen, Phyllis Kenney, Jason Rhea, Steve Mills
Absent - Veronica Adinegara, Earle Doman, Barb Jones, Sue Alvers, Wendy Ferguson, Monya McMichael, Chris Curtis, Diana Garland
Guests - Ron Boaz, Phil Nichols, Larry Dudley, Edie Sartin, Dale Moore
3. Approval of Minutes - The minutes of the open, regular meeting of April 4, 2005, were approved with an amendment to correct to the attendance portion of the April minutes to reflect that Jason Rhea, Guy DeVault and Terrill Harvey were all present.
4. Committee Reports -
- Health Care Committee, David Liss-Member - David Liss gave a brief report.
- Staff Activities Ad Hoc Committee, LaDonna Hansen-Chair - LaDonna Hansen, Chair gave a brief report. LaDonna reported that the committee was exploring the possibility of having a staff picnic this summer. More details to follow.
- Budget & Priorities Committee, Phil Nichols-Chair - Phil Nichols, Chair gave a brief report. He reported that Dr. Mike Nietzel has been invited to attend the July Budget and Priorities Committee meeting which will be held on July 14, 2005.
- Public Relations Committee, Tara Horton-Chair - Tara Horton, Chair gave a brief report.
5. New Business -
The Staff Senate voted to replace Monya McMichael with Darlene Bailey.
Other new business that was discussed but tabled was:
- Appointment of Senator to the 3rd Public Affairs Week Planning Committee
- Appointment of Ron Boaz as Senator
- Denim Day"s Budget Request
- Public Affairs Committee Budget Request
The next regular meeting is at 1:30 p.m. on June 2, 2005 in Plaster Student Union Room 313.
The meeting adjourned at 2:35 p.m.