1. Call to Order - Meeting called to order on December 4, 2008 at: 1:34 pm by Staff Senate Chair Casey Comoroski.
2. Roll Call -
Present: Casey Comoroski, Konya Knackstedt, Lenord McGownd, Cathy McFall, Cindi Barnett, Kelly Barnts, Debbie Branson, Corbin Campbell, Patrick Day, Marian Green, Norm Griffith, Lisa Langston, Steve Lowery, Janelle Melton, Dennis Perry, Terry Plank, Teresa Steele, Jaimie Trussell, Lynette Walker, Christopher Herr
Absent: John Avery, Ron Boaz, Donald Clark, Tabitha Haynes, Orlando Hodges
3. Approval of Minutes -
4. Guest Speaker - Our guest speaker was unable to attend today’s meeting.
Several announcements were made:
- An update to the Denim Days grand total was given. It was reported that the final total for Denim Days was $9,367.
- The recommendation from Human Resources and Payroll discussed at the last meeting of the Senate was rejected by the Administrative Council. These two office were going to suggest a method to even out the number of work days in each month so that non-exempt employees would have a more uniform reporting periods for payroll. The plan was rejected and each month will have a different amount of working days.
- The President has been vocal about the uncertainty in the economy. Departments and Colleges have been asked to develop various contingency plans to address a possible budget cut for FY09 and FY10. The President believes we should have a better idea of where we stand after Governor-elect Nixon is in office.
- January 11, 2009 is the Staff Recognition banquet in Hammons Student Center. A breakfast will be held the day before for all third-shift employees.
- A short discussion was held about the University incurring itself. It was expressed that the University should look at a third-party vendor to insure employees instead of insuring itself. It was recommended that a co-pay system be examined as a means to lower the present deductible. It was also brought up that Taylor Health and Wellness does not see minor dependents. The reason for this is that currently there are no doctors certified to see children and they don’t have the equipment necessary to serve this clientele effectively.
5. Committee Reports - None
6. Overall Budgets for Fiscal Year 2010 and Hiring of Administration and Staff
7. University Staff Luncheon - January 8, 2009, 11:30AM
8. Adjournment - A motion was made and passed to adjourn the meeting at 1:49 PM.
9. Next Meeting - February 5, 2009
*No meeting in January due to Staff Award Luncheon.
Submitted by Lenord McGownd
Minutes approved February 5, 2009