1. Call to Order - A regular meeting of the Staff Senate of Missouri State University was called to order at Plaster Student Union, PSU 313 at 1:30 p.m. Ben Boslaugh, Past Chair opened the meeting and introduced the guest speaker and Dianna Thimesch recorded the proceedings of the meeting.
2. Roll Call
Present: Dianna Thimesch,Cathy McFall, Patrick Byers, Debbie Branson, Emily McGee, Bill Snider, Donald Clark, Casey Comoroski, Lenord McGownd, Konya Knackstedt, Steve Lowery, SuzAnn Ferguson, Marian Green, Sheila Morris, Steve Mills, Sara Clark, Lisa McEowen, Sheila Ponder, Cindi Barnett, Pat Day by Proxy (Rob Martin), Ben Boslaugh, Rebecca Woodard
Absent: Kelly Barnts, Ron Boaz, Pat Day, John Avery, Roger Dulcos, Glen Fletcher, Norm Griffith, Sue McCrory, Dale Moore, Lynna Roller
3. Approval of Minutes - The minutes of the open regular meeting of June 7, 2007 were approved as printed. It was noted that the spelling of the university president’s name was incorrect.
4. Guest Speaker - Doug Greiner, PhD—Director of the Counseling and Testing Center reported to Staff Senate all the different things they do at the Center. Also he let us know that Missouri State will be hosting a 2 day workshop on ASIST—Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training. Doug did hand out pamphlets and encouraged all of Staff Senate to let others know that all services at the Center is free and available to students and staff/faculty.
5. Officer Report
- D. Thimesch noted chair Kelly Barnts was at a funeral and Dianna would be leading meeting. As follow up, Sara Clark explained what the chair elect duties would be and asked Staff Senate to take until next meeting to make recommendations and nominate someone for the position at the October meeting.
6. Committee Reports
- Membership – Sheila Morris -- will contact her members and they will go through the names on their lists and contact people who expressed interest in being a part of Staff Senate..
- Denim Days – Cathy McFall—there will be a University Luncheon on Oct. 3 and Sodexho has agreed to donate half the proceeds back to Denim Days. Also there will be a collection table in the PSU from Oct. 1 to Oct. 4 and for all donations Dominos Pizza will give a coupon for a free slice of pizza. Also there will be a 5K Run/Walk on Sept. 23 @ 4 p.m.; she is working on sponsorships for this event. There will be t-shirts, bottled water, and rewards. She has set up a Greek Challenge and the collection coordinators will get the pins and paperwork by Oct. 5th. Cathy needs someone to get their hair cut off at 1Hair Place for Locks of Love and the Mammogram bus will be on campus Oct. 5th and also Denim Days is doing a “Survivor” Photo for all paperwork going out about Denim Days.
7. New Business
- Lisa McEowen reminded everyone that the Ozarks Celebration Festival was coming up and everyone should attend if possible.
8. Adjournment - The meeting adjourned at 2:30 p.m.
The next regular meeting is at 1:30 p.m. on October 4, 2007 in Plaster Student Union Room 313.
Secretary, Staff Senate