1. Call to Order - A regular meeting of the Staff Senate of Missouri State University was called to order at Plaster Student Union, PSU 315 at 1:30 p.m. Ben Boslaugh, Chair presided and LaDonna Hansen recorded the proceedings of the meeting.
2. Roll of Call of Staff Senate
Present: Ben Boslaugh, LaDonna Hansen, Kelly Barnts, Cindi Barnett by proxy (Jeremy Schenk), Casey Comoroski, Debbie Branson, Guy DeVault, Patrick Day, Roger Duclos, SuzAnn Ferguson, Norm Griffith, Nancy Harris, Steven Lowry by proxy (Jackie McConnel), Lenord McGownd, Cathy McFall, Dale Moore, Sheilla Morris, Dennis Perry, Jason Rhea, Lynna Roller, Diana Thimesch
Absent: John Avery, Marline Faherty, Wendy Ferguson, Glen Fletcher, Terrill Harvey, Thomas Norrell, Steve Mills, Patrick Byers, Carter Allen, Rebecca Woodard
Guests: Myril Stewart, Edie Sartin
3. Approval of Minutes - The minutes of the open regular meeting of May 3, 2007 were approved.
- Staff Senate Picnic – July 12 – McDonald Arena Patio Area
5. New Business
- New Executive Committee and Senators were voted on and approved.
- Chair – Marline Faherty
- Chair-Elect – Kelly Barnts
- Secretary – Diana Thimesch
- Parliamentarian – Lynna Roller
- Senator – Ron Boaz
- Senator - Sue McCrory
- Senator – Marline Faherty
- Senator – Konya Knackstedt
- Senator – Dennis Perry
- Senator – Donald Clark
- Senator – Emily McGee
- Replacement Senator – Marian Green
- Job Satisfaction Survey posted to Staff Senate website
6. Officer Report
- Ben stated the fact that the Staff Senate has credibility with both the President and BOG on all issues. We will see how the compensation plan is working next July when everything is finalized. We need to get more people involved on campus with Staff Senate and non-Senate issues.
7. Committee Reports
- Budget & Priorities – Myril Stewart
- Looking at other universities and Public Safety issues.
- Veterans Recognition – Myril Stewart
- Myril indicated the date scheduled is Monday, November 12th
- Work/Life – Dale Moore
- Watch for Work/Life Survey coming out early July.
- Denim Day – Edie Sartin
- It was asked that the Staff Senate loan Denim Day committee funds to pay for t-shirt invoice in the fall – orders will be taken for shirts and money deposited back into account to cover invoice amount - This was approved.
8. Officer Report
The next regular meeting is at 1:30 p.m. on August 2, 2007 in Plaster Student Union Room 313. There will be a picnic hosted by Staff Senate in lieu of a regular meeting in July.
The meeting adjourned at 2:00 p.m.
Secretary, Staff Senate