1. Call to Order - A regular meeting of the Staff Senate of Missouri State University was called to order at Plaster Student Union, PSU 315 at 1:30 p.m. Marline Faherty, Chair-Elect presided and LaDonna Hansen recorded the proceedings of the meeting.
2. Roll Call
Present: Marline Faherty, LaDonna Hansen, Steve Mills, Cindi Barnett, Kelly Barnts, Patrick Byers, Casey Comoroski, Pat Day by proxy (Michael Percival), Roger Duclos, Wendy Ferguson, Nancy Harris, Terrill Harvey, Steven Lowery, Lenord McGownd, Cathy McFall, Dale Moore, Sheilla Morris, Dennis Perry, Diana Thimesch, John Avery, Rebecca Woodard
Absent: Ben Boslaugh, Debbie Branson, Guy DeVault, Norm Griffith, Thomas Norrell, Jason Rhea, Lynna Roller, Carter Allen
Guests: Diana Garland, Alisa Trotter, Edie Sartin, Lisa McEowen
- The minutes of the open regular meeting of April 5, 2007 were approved.
4. New Business
- Special Meeting will be held to draw names of new senators
- Denim Day – Edie Sartin advised that Denim Day this year is to be held on October 8th – will we be doing t-shirts as these have been a great seller in the past. Edie needs help organizing the event and would like people to email her if interested
- July Meeting will be a picnic outside McDonald Arena
- Need replacement member on Public Affairs Grant Committee
5. Officer Report
- During the meeting with Dr. Nietzel he spoke about the $100,000 of SCUF Funds that were pulled out and put towards the new arena and JKHHPA.
6. Committee Reports
- Dale Moore – Work/Life Committee
o The survey is completed and will roll out to all faculty and staff sometime this summer.
- Recreation Center Task Force – Dennis Perry
- Student meeting went well, good ideas for the space and most seem very workable ideas with nothing to extreme, some of the ideas are to have indoor turf, swimming, basketball courts, etc.
- Diversity Commission – Casey Comoroski
- Would like a FT Diversity position put that was not approved, might look at GA position with Equity & Diversity Office need to work on retention – Proposed a campus climate survey for early fall – Look on website for events both on campus and off.
- Religious Accommodations Policy – concern for non acceptance of some religious holidays – possible to be dealt with this fall.
The next regular meeting is at 1:30 p.m. on June 7, 2007 in Plaster Student Union Room 313.
The meeting adjourned at 1:50 p.m.
Secretary, Staff Senate