Before you register
- Please make travel, hotel, and other arrangements after you receive confirmation of your SOAR session via email. Permission will not be proved to attend closed sessions due to arrangements made prior to your SOAR session confirmation.
- Students are required to attend the entire SOAR session. Students who miss any portion of the program will not be allowed to register for classes and must attend another session.
- Sessions reopen online automatically if space becomes available in a previously-closed session. No wait lists for closed sessions are kept.
How to register
Complete the following steps to register:
- Log in to My Missouri State using your BearPass Login and password
- Select the Blackboard 9.1 icon in the upper right of the screen. Once inside the Blackboard system, select the SOAR Springboard link in the My Courses section on the right of the screen.
- Complete SOAR Springboard, our online pre-orientation program. SOAR Springboard consists of several modules and short quizzes that help prepare you for your SOAR experience. Most students should complete this program within 30 to 45 minutes. Follow the on-screen directions to complete this program.
- Select the Register now! button at the end of SOAR Springboard. You will be taken to the SOAR Checklist. Select the Register to attend link in the Register for a SOAR session task.
- Inside the SOAR reservation system, follow the on-screen directions. At the end of the system, enter your payment information to complete and confirm your SOAR reservation.
- Download the personalized E-Confirmation Packet using the link provided on your confirmation screen (see the image below for download location). Check your Missouri State email account for your SOAR session confirmation and further instructions.
SOAR session registration must be completed ONLINE. SOAR staff cannot accept payment information (such as electronic check information or credit or debit card numbers) over the phone or by email.
Changing SOAR reservation info
Complete the following steps to change information about your SOAR reservation:
- Return to the SOAR reservation system by selecting the the Register now! button at the end of SOAR Springboard, then the Register to attend link on the SOAR Checklist.
- On the My Reservation screen, select the Edit Section button for the section that contains information you need to change.
- Update the desired information, then select the Save and Continue button until you return to the My Reservation screen.
Registration is determined by your semester of admission:
- Admitted for summer or fall – registration begins early April
- Admitted for spring – registration begins early November