Do you have an engaged and responsible student in your class? Do you regularly work with a student employee that you believe would represent the University well? Nominate them to become a SOAR leader.
Qualities of a SOAR leader
SOAR leaders should exhibit the following qualities:
- A high level of integrity and personal responsibility
- Leadership potential
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Good academic and disciplinary standing
- Dedication to serving Missouri State University and its incoming students
We do not look for a specific "type" of student. For example, many of our SOAR leaders are extroverted, yet some of our most skilled SOAR leaders are introverts.
The SOAR program is dedicated to building a diverse team in which one person’s differences in personalities, traits and experiences complement another member’s.
SOAR leader requirements
SOAR leaders must:
- Possess and maintain a minimum 2.75 overall GPA for all semesters of employment
- Be available to attend all training and orientation sessions for the months of June and July
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate for the fall 2013 semester
- Have completed 30 credit hours by the end of the spring 2013 semester